"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom" Albert Einstein

"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Titillation

There's an annual festival at the Losevo Rapids on the Vuoksa River, about 80 kilometers northwest of St. Petersburg in Russia.  The eighth annual Bubble Baba Challenge was held on August 28. The slogan of the event is

“A Rubber Babe is More Than Just A Vehicle”



The contestants compete "in a three-minute wet and wild ride on inflatable women from sex shops."
(Alexander Belenky / The St. Petersburg Times)

In the last couple of years, there has also been a separate race for women, where the floating doll can be replaced by another equivalent sized animal or a floating penis.


According to the St. Petersburg Times article

There are no strict health restrictions for participation in the the competition, although a specially accredited doctor, however, makes all competitors pass an obligatory alcohol test.

This year there were 450 participants riding aptly named "vehicles" such as “Ladies’ Pleaser" and “Unstoppable Chick.”

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Um.....interesting?

white rabbit said...

Ermmm...

Quite so.

So no hanging on to a giant inflatable penis when drunk. Very wise, I'm sure.

Catch Her in the Wry said...

Ace: I found it so interesting I wanted to pass the information on to my readers, just in case someone was planning a trip to Russia in the future.

White: I believe it is OK to hang on to one when drunk as long as you are not in the water - terra firma is fine.

Here's the festival's themesong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EBMo8xHGNs

white rabbit said...

You are a pedant, yuou know.

Not that I'm suggesting this is a bad thing. As a highly trained professional hairsplitter, I recognise a fellow practitioner of the gentle art.

Catch Her in the Wry said...

white: First you call me erudite. Now you call me a pedant. I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted, but it's nice to know I'm not a sole practitioner.

Red Shoes said...

LOLOL!!!

Now I have to add one more thing to my list before I had out to Russia!!! ;o)

~shoes~

Catch Her in the Wry said...

red: It will require an eye-witness post on your blog if you make it. Please provide video.