"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom" Albert Einstein

"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The "I've Been Tagged" Meme

From Sunday Stealing:

1. Where are you from?

 farm town, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

2. If you could live any place in the world, where would you live?

A yellow submarine




3. What's your favorite blog? I'll check them out of course!

I don't play favorites - just pick one from the list on the left.

4. What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?

I don't want to hear about hot flashes, menopause, how stupid your spouse is, or how you hate your kids and/or other relatives. Also, keep the advertising to a minimum.  If a blog is overloaded with flashy advertising, I don't consider it a blog; it's your second job.

5. What's your favorite TV show this season? I need a new show! :)

"Breaking Bad" (I've said this before) and "Modern Family." "The Office" will always be #1.

6. What's your favorite 'down' time {nothing computer related}?

Going to auctions. It's amazing how strong my bladder is at an all day auction event. If you want a bargain, you can't take time for bathroom stops with me. Wear a diaper if you must.

7. Are you a parent? If so, what's your favorite thing to do with your children?

Yes, I'm a parent, but the kids are all grown-up, so my favorite thing is getting to spend any time with them.

8. What about your blog have you considered changing?

The design and layout, but I haven't had the time to fool with it.

9. What do you do for a living (if you work outside the home or if you work at home)?

I'm a Jill of all trades and a master of many.



10. What is your favorite song at the moment? What is your favorite song ever?

When you've been around a long time, you tend to have way too many favorites, so here's one I haven't mentioned in the blog before:



11. What is your favorite niche TV channel to watch?

Since I refuse to pay for TV, I'm limited to the no-niche broadcast networks. I'll get the other stuff through Netflix or on-line sources.

12. If you could have any career, what would it be and why?

Benevolent Dictator.  There would be no need for politicians.

13. What is your favorite outfit?

A black coat dress with leather trim similar to this:


I've had it nearly 20 years and it still looks great.

14. If you could tell your teenage self something, what would you say?

Don't believe them; high school is NOT going to be the best years of your life.

15. What is your biggest blog pet peeve?

You are being redundant. See #4

16. What is your favorite recipe?
Original
17. What is the funniest joke you've ever heard?
Well, it's the punniest:

A frog goes into a bank, and hops up to the loan officer.
The loan officer says, "My name is John Paddywack. Can I help you?"
The frog says, "Yeah, I'd like to borrow some money."
The loan officer finds this a little odd, but gets out a form. He says, "Okay, what's your name?"
The frog says, "Kermit Jagger."
The loan officer says, "Really? Any relation to Mick Jagger?"
The frog says, "Yeah, he's my dad."
The loan officer says, "Okay. Ummm...do you have any collateral?"
The frog hands the loan officer a pink ceramic elephant and says, "Will this do?"
The loan officer says, "Hmmm...I'm not sure. Let me go check with the bank manager."
The frog says, "Oh, tell him I said hi. He knows me."
The loan officer goes back to the manager and says, "Excuse me, but there's this frog out there named Kermit Jagger who wants to borrow some money. All he has for collateral is this pink elephant thing, I'm not even sure what it is."

The manager says, "It's a knick-knack, Paddywack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."



18. What is your favorite vacation spot and why?

It's good to keep reminding yourself about the origins of this country.

19. What are you most excited about with fall here?



20. Did you envision yourself to be where you are today ten years ago? If not, what did you envision?

Yes, I'm right where I knew I'd be - in the middle of Nowhere.



21. If money were no object, what would your dream house look like?

Something that looks like a post office.

22. What is your all-time favorite Disney movie?

This really dates me:  Old Yeller .  It was made back when Disney movies were truly good family entertainment.


23. What's your favorite blog to read? Or a blog you think isn't getting enough notice?
This meme is repetitively redundant.  See #3

9 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

You can still wear the 20 year old dress and it fits!!!! Way to go....boy howdy I wish I could say that. And old yeller....hadn't thought of that movie in like, forever.

My Sunday Stealing Link Hope to see you stop by for a visit.

white rabbit said...

I'm with you on changing the layout etc of blog and - nope - I haven't found the time either...

Two pairs of questions were repetitious weren't they? The setter must have been running out of stamnina.

I am Harriet said...

I think that your "farmtown" sounds a lot like my "Hooterville".

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/hey-folks-lets-enable-our-money-tree-a-bit-more/

Join us for Monday Mayhem!

Debster said...

That coatdress is fabulous! I wasn't allowed to see Old Yeller since I couldn't keep it together for Snoopy Come Home or Dumbo.

Love The Long and Winding Road.

I wish you a wonderful week ahead.

Catch Her in the Wry said...

Hootin': I've still got stuff in my closet from 1970 and it's all back in style again. Saves money on a new wardrobe.

white: The writers merged two stolen mems, but their editing was truly bad. Since we both have the same blog theme, we should just share any changes. I wonder who will find time first?

Harriet: Farm town, Hooterville, Mayberry - they're all very much the same.

Debster: That was back when Disney thought it was OK to show real life and allow kids to cry. Now the philosophy is kids have to be happy and protected.

Stacy said...

#6...My eyes! My eyes!
#7...Isn't that the truth. Since Princess has turned 18 and graduated I'm feeling very unwanted. :(
#17...an oldie, but a goodie!

Have a great week!

Catch Her in the Wry said...

Ace: #6 - The great US Senator from Minnesota in all his glory. It's one of my favorite pictures of a politician.

Red Shoes said...

"Ol' Yeller"...

When I first saw that movie... especially the ending, I was scarred for Life... I still can't watch it...

:o(

~shoes~

Catch Her in the Wry said...

red: I cried and cried after watching that movie the first time, but the connection between the boy and the dog keeps me coming back to watch it over and over.