"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom" Albert Einstein

"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Crafty 50 Meme, Part 1

From Sunday Stealing:

1.  Introduce yourself…
Catch Her in the Wry, aka Prairie Gourmet.  Jill of all trades, master of many

2. It’s Wednesday at noon, where are you usually?
lunch at home with friends


3. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
concentrated liquid and I'm not telling you the brand in case you're doing market research

4. What brand of shampoo is in your shower right now?
Mine or his?

5. Did you ever get into a bar and drink before you were 21?
Back in the olden days you didn't need to be 21.

6. What countries have you been to?
Not many: Italy, Greece, Canada, Mexico, and all over the U.S. Traveling just takes entirely too much time away from work.

7. Do you watch MTV anymore?
Never have, never will.

8. What do you think about Oprah?
A woman who knew what she wanted and went after it.  I disagree with her on almost everything, and she won't buy my love with her free gifts.

9. What color are your bed sheets?
spotted

10. You need a new pair of jeans: what store do you go to first?
Wherever there is a sale


11. Did you ever watch The O.C.?
Never have, never will.

12. What kind of car do you drive?
I drive a pickum up truck so I can haul stuff

13. Honestly, is that car insured?
I'm a licensed insurance agent. What do you think?

14. Do you like sushi?
I only like raw fish that has been pickled (herring). Give me a break; I'm of Scandinavian heritage, not Japanese.

15. Have you ever been to Tiffany & Co. or Saks 5th Ave?
I may be from the country, but we do get to the big city once in a while.

16. Did your parents spoil you growing up?
Not one bit.

17. Do you like roller coasters?
As long as I'm not on them.
18. What magazine(s) do you buy regularly or subscribe to?
Does anyone subscribe to magazines these days?

19. Do you remember the WB show “Popular”?
Good lord! All these TV questions. You're assuming everyone has cable TV or is under 40.

20. When you go out do you prefer to go to a dance club or to a bar?
I'm not under 40. Give me a bar that's dark and elegant like this:

21. What do you think about gay marriage?
I think every marriage should be happy; if not get divorced.

22. Who do you think will be the next president?
Either a Republican or Democrat.

23. Are you registered to vote?
Yes, but I haven't voted since I became enlightened.

24. Do you own an iPod?
No. I like my turntable. (You don't even know what that is, do you?)

25. Is your bathroom filled with beauty stuff?
Yes, white pancake make-up,dark red lip stick, black eyeliner, rubber noses, and ruffly collars.

3 comments:

Debster said...

I remember turntables. Still have one that works. I liked Tim Curry's makeup in Rocky Horror much better than IT. And kudos to you for putting in all the questions.

Cheers!

Debster
http://wp.me/pRYvi-3w

I am Harriet said...

That clown is a bit disturbing.
Seriously, who cares about the OC?

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/08/who-asks-did-you-watch-the-oc/

Wendy said...

Beautiful blog! I laughed at your pictures, good idea to liven up a meme. I'm also of Scand. descent and so agree with you about "fish". See you next Sunday.