"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom" Albert Einstein

"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Can it get any more taxing?

Three weeks to April 15 and the motherboard on my office computer dies on Friday. Saturday morning was spent purchasing a new computer and all day Sunday transferring data and software for full day of appointments on Monday.

In between, there was a trip to hospital emergency room for yet another (third) elderly parent in past six weeks.

Thank goodness the forecast includes no more dark clouds for the next few days.


4 comments:

white rabbit said...

Re the first cartyoon: airbags can cause quite severe bruising injuries when activated so be careful headbutting the screen!

Jus sayin ;)

white rabbit said...

cartoon not cartyoon...

on second thoughts I quite like cartyoon :D

Red Shoes said...

The deadline is a-coming... at some point you will have that onslaught of people who wait until the very last moment to bring their materials in...

bastiges...

~shoes~

Catch Her in the Wry said...

white: I am well aware of the dangers of air bags, yet my government insists they be installed in my vehicle, and my government insists that I wear a seat belt when riding in my vehicle. Because I am short and need to be close to the steering wheel, an activated air bag will most likely decapitate me if I'm in an accident. Thank goodness they haven't mandated them for computers yet. I'll take a head bang over a head roll any day.

red:The one thing I can depend upon is that my procrastinators will procrastinate, so it is easy to plan my schedule the last couple weeks.