"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom" Albert Einstein

"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's too darn hot

It's not even Memorial Day and the temperatures have been over 90 the past three days. The humidity has become a suffocating wet wool blanket.  Those proclaiming this is great weather are generally those who work in air-conditioning or lie half-naked in the baking sun, expending no more energy than to lift a cool, refreshing beverage to their lips.

I spent several hours Sunday evening cooking brats over a hot charcoal fire for a fund-raiser for a local charitable organization.  No complaints here since I volunteered for the job, but usually the May event is a pleasant 70 degree evening, not 90 degrees.  I was soaked by the time I got home.

I'm a cool weather person; perhaps it's my Scandinavian genes, I hate summer and it's only beginning.


2 comments:

white rabbit said...

Cooking brats???? :-O

Over here a brat is an unruly or unpleasant child.

I'm in favour of hot weather - unless you have to work in it. Then it's not so much fun.

Bratwurst?

Catch Her in the Wry said...

white: Brats mean that here too but is also an abbreviation for bratwurst. I only cook the unruly children at home in my gingerbread house, not at fund-raisers.