"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom" Albert Einstein

"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Queenie the Cutie is back.


Call me a big tease, but you'll have to click here to read how burlesque is making a comeback.

Which reminded me of my mom's old copy of the Johnny Mercer polka tune that I used to pound out on the piano:

In the burlesque theater, where the gang loves to go
To see Queenie the Cutie of the burlesque show
And the thrill of the evening is when out Queenie skips
And the band plays the polka while she strips.

Take it off, take it off cries a voice from the rear.
Take it off, take if off, soon it's all you can hear.
But she's always a lady even in pantomime,
So she stops! and always just in time.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Dita VonTeese where she looked anything less than amazing.

I've seen some amateur burlesque in San Francisco -- it was fun, and kind of silly. :)