"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom" Albert Einstein

"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Questions a la Randomness Meme

From Sunday Stealing:

Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?
I've licked and licked and it still won't pay me more than 2%.

What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated?
Plus and minus 6 years

Have you ever been on a blind date?
No.  I have been on a deaf one, but I got hoarse. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more?
Almost all of them

Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
No, they were way too old.

What song do you want played at your funeral?
No funeral - I'm going straight to the garbage pile.

But here's a list of songs that I hope will remind people of me:

No Regrets



Cabaret (no embedding allowed so you'll have to click on the link)

My Way


Autumn Leaves



Fields of Gold



Would you tell your parents if you were gay?
Not at their age; the shock would kill them

What would your last meal be before getting executed?
New York cheesecake, brownies, pound cake with raspberries, chocolate truffles, and bread pudding with rum sauce

Do you walk around the house naked?
Only once and then I go inside.  It gets mighty cold out there this time of year.


What do you do as soon as you walk in the house?
Put my clothes back on

Who is the person you can count on the most?
myself - usually on my fingers, but sometimes my toes if the numbers get high. 

You can count on me, too.



What is your favorite Holiday?


Would you ever get plastic surgery?
Nope. I want my face flexible so I can make silly faces.


Have you ever caught a fish?
Yes, the first time I every went fishing I caught several more trout than all the others I was, with despite the fact it took me 45 minutes to learn to cast my line.

What is the first thing you notice about people?
the kind of mood they're in  


What is the farthest you’ve been from home?
Cyprus

How did you meet your spouse or significant other (or most recent one)?
Classified ads. I've written about it before here.

Where was the last place you drove (other than home/school/work)?
The Goodwill Store to drop off some donations. It's that time of year.

10 comments:

Becca said...

Great answers! They made me smile! Have a fabulous week!

Anonymous said...

Cannot stress enough how much I enjoyed reading this! Particularly the bit about walking around the house naked. LOVE it.. made me laugh out loud.

LGS xx

Going Like Sixty said...

Yes!
I actually chuckled at some of your answers. You been into the rum sauce? You need to write funny more often, you're good.
Alas, it is the time of year you will go slightly dormant only to arise again like the weeds of May.

Ashly Star said...

Great answers! I love that your last meal is all sweets. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh, that plastic surgery graphic just blew me away...too too funny.


Here is my link for Sunday Stealing I do hope you can find time to visit!!!

white rabbit said...

So you walk around the house naked! Is this some strange ritual?

wv: deaddern

Catch Her in the Wry said...

Becca and Lady: Thanks. I like smiley faces.

GLS: You think I've been serious lately? Ouch. I need to rethink the definition of funny.

Ashly: Well, if it's your last meal you may as well forgot about counting calories and cholestrol levels.

Anni: That picture is a still from the movie "Brasil" which is a great satire.

rabbit: Walking around the house outside naked prevents the neighbors from bothering you. For some reason they stay away because they think you're nutty.

I am Harriet said...

I've been making lots of trips to the Goodwill store lately...

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/what-do-you-do-as-soon-as-you-walk-in-the-house/

Join us for Monday Mayhem!

DJ KathyA said...

OmGosh, you are wayyy funny! I love Eva Cassidy! Autumn Leaves is my favorite from her. LOL @ your last meal! Have a great week! : D

MommyBa said...

Lovely answers! Thanks for sharing!

Have a great week ahead!