"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom" Albert Einstein

"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The 14 Question Meme

From Sunday Stealing:

1. What do you consider your hometown to be?

a small pimple on the prairie

2. What’s the hardest part of your average day?
walking in the dark down to my parents' house to fix their breakfast

3. The easiest? Why?
Going to bed 'cause I'm sleepy. (I bet you thought it was for some other reason)

4. What beverage do you reach for to quench your thirst?
water or The Real Thing that things go better with.


5. What is one not-so-secret goal you have for your life? I’ll let you keep your secret ones to yourself.
To stay alive another 40 years

6. What physical pain do you fear most? For example, I’m trying to decide how bad my jaw pain needs to get before I risk a potential needle from my dentist. So, for me, throbbing is preferable to jabbing.
Sore throat. I have a very high pain tolerance for everything else.

7. Where do you find solace?
in my vehicle

8. What makes you the saddest when you read/see the news?
that the reporting is so biased

9. What do you eat for a favorite snack?


10. What movie could you/would you watch more than two or three times and still enjoy just as much as the first time?
Wizard of Oz and I've watched it over two dozen times



11. What boy/girl first made you cry?
My brother


12. What brand of coffee/tea do you drink most often?
I don't drink coffee/tea. I get caffeine elsewhere (see #4).

13. Dig in the dirt with or without garden gloves?
Without - I like to get down and dirty once in a while.

14. James Taylor or Carly Simon?
Carly - a lot of talent in one package

8 comments:

DJ KathyA said...

Love love love your Mae West quote about Dames! Thank you! The Wizard of Oz is a great film! Wow, very good of you to make breakfast for your parents every morning. Impressed! Carly is pretty talented. Have a great Daylight Savings Time week!

Catch Her in the Wry said...

DJ: Thanks for stopping by. Mae West is one of my favorite people. Anyone who has a lot of wit ranks high on my list.

I am Harriet said...

I hear ya on the Prairie pimple thing.

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/top-10-most-inappropriate-places-to-flirt/

Join us for Monday Mayhem!

Holly said...

This is always fun to read, and I've noticed that having a blog schedule or theme plan probably helps you actually post. I may steal this for fun today>

white rabbit said...

The answer to 2 had me thinking what a star you are.

:D

Catch Her in the Wry said...

Harriet: Perhaps you've been here and understand the difference between pimple and bump in the road.

Holly: I have found it much easier to write if I have a regularly scheduled theme, although I generally can find enough fodder to write something any time. It appears some readers look forward to some of the scheduled themes, i.e. Tuesday Titillation.

White bunny: Just doin' what I'm supposed to do and my brother handles the evening duties. I'm just happy to have them alive and in fairly good health.

Red Shoes said...

I LOVE Carly Simon!!! The bass player in that video you posted is the Late Great T-Bone Wouk... what a great bass player!!! I met him in Clarksdale, MS a few years ago...

~shoes~

Catch Her in the Wry said...

shoes: You always astound me with your intimate knowledge of all the great guitar players.