"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom" Albert Einstein

"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West

Friday, March 21, 2008

The BIggest Loser Bachelor

As intellectual as I am, I do have a certain affinity for mindless reality TV entertainment. Therefore I hereby admit to you that I never miss an episode of The Biggest Loser and The Bachelor.




Watching contestants grunt, sweat, climb, and run while I sit in my comfortable chair with my cool refreshing beverage, provides me with an air of superiority that, lucky me, I don't have to go through all that crap. Of course, after four months, those contestants look buff and beautiful, and my rear end has doubled from all that sitting while watching them, but hey, I wasn't the one who signed up to look like a big ass fool on national television or promise to give up my soft drinks.


The female contestants on The Bachelor always fascinate me. Are there really that many stupid college educated women that are so desperate for a man that they'll slip the Bachelor a pair of their panties, or sway their booty in his face?
Apparently the answer is yes. I watch this show as a parent and wonder if these girls' parents are hiding under the covers at home thinking "that's really not our Emily, Staci, Suzi.... is it? Please don't let her make the Final Four or else we'll have to appear on TV with her for the home visit and then everyone will know who raised this wonderful specimen of a daughter."

I swear this show is like a beauty pageant Girls Gone Wild series. No wonder none of these guys (except one) ever stay long with the girl they pick in the end - reality steps in and he sees just how much substance the girl really doesn't have. Still, it's awfully fun to watch them make fools of themselves.

No comments: