"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom" Albert Einstein

"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Back in the saddle


This is my favorite sticky note pad. It says a great deal about how I've lived the past few days.

Drama belongs in a theater. Outside of that, I hate it, especially when it comes from misunderstandings among very good people who don't immediately address issues when they first become problematic. Common sense and effective communication can go a long way in those situations. That is where I am today and hopefully things are back to normal.
So now you are asking why it is I have this split and swollen lip and sore tooth that is forcing me to eat small bites and preventing me from smiling. It was not a result of the past few days' tension. No, I was not beaten silly by a gang of gray haired women in Christmas sweaters. I ended an exhausting week by briskly walking in the dark into the edge of an open door I thought was closed. It either knocked me silly or knocked some sense into me. We shall see how it turns out by 2008.

4 comments:

Going Like Sixty said...

And you said: "Oh for pity's sake, did I forget to close that door? Silly me."

Ouch, split lips are miserable.

Catch Her in the Wry said...

That's exactly what I said.

Wenderina said...

There's something about the holidays that brings a lot of this stuff to a head. Nothing like capping it off with an injury. Consider it a war wound and wear it with pride.

Edna said...

Oh I hate when that happens!