How is it that I had not written a post in almost two months, yet gained two followers of this blog?
"A dame who knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." Mae West
Monday, March 12, 2012
Saturday, March 10, 2012
1. Why is your favorite color your favorite?
2. Do you prefer dogs or cats or do you just hate animals, and want to kill baby seals?
I prefer animal attraction.
3. How much time do you spend on the computer?
4. Not including porn, what do you do on the computer?
5. Are you a clock watcher?
6. What do you/did you look for in a partner?
7. What type of clothing do you prefer?
Almost every type. Right now I'm listening to the B-52s on a PBS special.
Only ESP, and I know exactly what you're thinking.
10. The most important question: Do you have a inie or outie belly button?
11. What kind of car do you drive?
12. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun or The Boys Are Back in Town?
Oops. I forgot I wasn't in the Wild West. It was actually a stream coming from his manhood.
18. Sum up your philosophy of life in one sentence. You can borrow it from someone else, if you'd like.
(Yes, I know that was not a sentence. It was a phrase, but it is now acceptable to use phrases instead of sentences as indicated by current editors of most publishing houses.)
19. Name the one thing you just don't understand about kids today.
20. If you could steal one work of art from a museum or gallery, which would it be?
It's those beautifully detailed veins in the arms and those abs. Do you think they would notice it sticking out from under my coat?
Friday, March 9, 2012
(I started this post almost a month ago, but at least I finally published it so you know I'm still alive.)
1. This is my busiest time of year - especially the month of February. Those of you who have followed me for a while know my posts get fewer and fewer during tax season, but I promise to be back on a regular basis sometime soon.
2. Everyone around here is talking about this "new" singer Adele who won so many Grammy Awards the other night. I've been a fan of her for years, and "Chasing Pavements" is still one of my favorites from her repertoire:
It's a shame that the death of Whitney Houston pushed Adele out of her well-deserved spotlight. No wonder she raised a finger in protest a few days later.
3. And that begs a question: Why does the media go into overdrive when an entertainer with a very public drug problem leaves this world. There is rarely day after day, week after week of coverage when an entertainer who lived a clean, decent, good life dies. Personally I am sick of this elevation of troubled souls into hero status. The media is always more interested in covering stories of those who are weak and have no self-restraint than those who value life and avoid self-destruction.
4.The winners of the four top acting Academy Awards were an interesting group: two were over 60, one a plus-size minority, and an average looking French dude. It was refreshing to see that perhaps awards were finally being given for great performances of normal looking-people and not for plastic Barbies and Kens.